Panna cotta sounds fancy doesn’t it? It really isn’t. It simply is a creamy dessert made with cream and gelatin. And it is amazingly delicious in my opinion. This paleo banana panna cotta is no exception. You’ve gotta love a dessert that comes together so quickly and tastes like magic.
Can I also just say how amazing it is to have a dairy free alternative that makes my life so much easier and tastier? SO thankful for coconut milk and all of the delicious things I can create with it. As an avid ice cream enthusiast my entire life, I enjoy being able to create my own ice cream from scratch without feeling sick and to enjoy places like Kippy’s when I vacation in So Cal. Although I REALLY think they should create one in Seattle. I’m just sayin’….it would be amazing.
This banana panna cotta was the first real treat I had since coming off of the 21 day sugar detox. It tasted unbelievably sweet because of that but I think that anyone would enjoy this naturally sweetened treat!
Now let’s get on to the recipe!
Follow the directions in the recipe below and enjoy creating your yummy dessert!
- In a medium saucepan, bloom 1 T gelatin over coconut milk for 3-5 minutes
- Whisk over medium heat for about 2 minutes until gelatin is absorbed
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup to saucepan---whisking to combine.
- Pour mixture into high powered blender and add bananas.
- Blend on high for 1 minute and pour into 4 ramekins.
- Chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Before eating, toast coconut flakes in a skillet over medium high heat for a few minutes to brown them.
- Top each banana panna cotta with toasted coconut flakes and additional sliced banana if desired.