I have been LOVING breakfast skillets.
Mornings can be hectic for most people and so having a meal that is easy to throw together and grab and go throughout the week can be a real time saver. I also just kind of feel like a champion when I only have to grab one container from the fridge in the morning and scoop it into a bowl and reheat. No fumbling around grabbing my leftover veggies, leftover protein, etc because it is ALL in my breakfast skillet. WINNING.
You can definitely use any type of ground meat in this recipe as it is very customizable.
In fact, I hope you do mix it up! Life is all about trying new things and so branching out in the food category is definitely something to strive for.
I hope this breakfast nourishes you and warms your soul.
As the ‘most important meal of the day’ it’s important to take full advantage of it and make the most of it. So let’s dig into this AIP Breakfast skillet!
First, gather your ingredients…
Then follow the directions below (cooking bacon, browning chicken, blah blah blah) and stir to combine.
Dig in and enjoy!!
- Chop bacon and sautée over medium high heat until crisp and set aside
- Brown 2 lbs ground chicken thigh and set aside
- Add 1 T fat of choice to cast iron pan as well as chopped carrots and butternut squash. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until just softened stirring occasionally
- Add chopped rainbow chard and stir until wilted
- Add cooked ground chicken and bacon back to the pan and add ginger scallion sauce and sea salt, stirring to combine